“YME” stands for Youth Ministry at Epiphany. Epiphany has a long history of making space for middle and high schoolers to know and experience God, and that continues today. Currently, YME meets for “YMEwednesdays” twice a month on – you guessed it – Wednesdays. The group eats dinner at Community Dinner from 5:45 to 6:15, and then heads up to the Loft for a game followed by some discussion or doing an activity about a spiritual and relevant topic, and then we close in prayer at 7:30.
In addition to meeting together at Epiphany, YME attends some of the events put on by the Diocese of Maryland for youth, and conducts its own programming, too! In the 2018 to 2019 year, YME plans to or already has attended:
- Corn maze & more at Rodgers Farm
- “Nightwatch” in New York City (a one night spiritual retreat at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine)
- Christmas Extravaganza: a Target Adventure
- Martin Luther King Jr. day lock-in focusing on the sin of racism
- Skyzone field trip & fundraiser
- A car wash for Neighbor-to-Neighbor on Maundy Thursday, followed by a lock-in
- The annual diocesan convention of the Episcopal Diocese of Maryland
- End-of-the-year pool party
[ngg_images source=”galleries” container_ids=”5″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_basic_slideshow” gallery_width=”600″ gallery_height=”400″ cycle_effect=”fade” cycle_interval=”3″ show_thumbnail_link=”0″ thumbnail_link_text=”[Show thumbnails]” order_by=”sortorder” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″]
To become a member is easy – all you have to do is show up to a YMEwednesday! There’s usually some paperwork for other events, but nothing too strenuous. All are welcome, and youth often and are encouraged to bring friends! For more information or to volunteer as a chaperone, contact youth minister Sara Yoe at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call them at the office at (410)252-4465 x. 110. For the complete calendar for 2018-2019, click here.