“YME” stands for Youth Ministry at Epiphany. Epiphany has a long history of making space for middle and high schoolers to know and experience God, and that continues today. Currently, YME meets for “YMEwednesdays” once a month on – you guessed it – Wednesdays. The group eats dinner at Community Dinner from 5:45 to 6:15, and then heads up to the Loft for a game followed by some discussion or doing an activity about a spiritual and relevant topic, and then we close in prayer at 7:30.
In addition to meeting together monthly at Epiphany, YME attends some of the events put on by the Diocese of Maryland for youth, and conducts its own programming, too! In the 2017 to 2018 year, YME plans to or already has attended:
- Halloween party complete with costumes and bobbing for apples
- Christmas party including a white elephant exchange
- A youth event with the United Methodist Church
- “Nightwatch” in New York City (a one night spiritual retreat at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine)
- A car wash for Neighbor-to-Neighbor on Maundy Thursday, followed by a lock-in
- Hosted “Parents Night Out” on the night of one of Epiphany’s fundraisers, to make it easy for the whole family to attend
- End-of-the-year celebration
To become a member is easy – all you have to do is show up to a regular monthly meeting! There’s usually some paperwork for other events, but nothing too strenuous. All are welcome, and youth often bring friends! For more information or to volunteer as a chaperone, contact youth minister Sara Yoe at email@example.com, or call them at the office at (410)252-4465 x. 110.