Neighbor-to-Neighbor is a coalition of faith-based and community partners working to prevent and end homelessness of families by assisting in the development of skills needed to achieve financial independence. We envision communities that value basic needs for all, where families are living and thriving in stable environments.
We believe in a holistic approach that focuses on the individual needs and goals of each participant in our program. Our approach to preventing homelessness is nontraditional. Our goal is to keep families out of homeless shelters and in affordable housing. We pursue this by providing support and educational programs to families facing eviction, and those who are currently living in homeless shelters in Baltimore County.
Since 2009, when Neighbor-to-Neighbor was formed as a partnership effort among congregations and organizations in Northern Baltimore County, we have helped over 300 families.
- Rent subsidies and limited financial assistance
- Group counseling
- Individual case management
- Financial literacy and budgeting education
- Goal setting and life skills attainment training
- Job search assistance
- Volunteer opportunities for community members
- Education on issues related to housing equality