Epiphany Community Center
The Epiphany Community Center is composed of a coalition of faith-based and community partners working to prevent and end homelessness of families by assisting in the development of skills needed to achieve financial independence. We envision communities that value basic needs for all, where families are living and thriving in stable environments.
We believe in a holistic approach that focuses on the individual needs and goals of each participant in our program. Our approach to preventing homelessness is nontraditional. Our goal is to keep families out of homeless shelters and in affordable housing. We pursue this by providing support and educational programs to families facing eviction, and those who are currently living in homeless shelters in Baltimore County.
Since 2009, when Neighbor-to-Neighbor was formed as a partnership effort among congregations and organizations in Northern Baltimore County, we have helped over 300 families.
What we Provide
- Rent subsidies and limited financial assistance
- Individual case management
- Financial literacy and budgeting education
- Rapid Rehousing
- Goal setting and life skills attainment training
- Job search assistance
- Volunteer opportunities for community members
- Education on issues related to housing equality
- Homework Club
- Art Classes
- Community Garden
- Community Dinner
- Food Store
We envision a community in which:
- a child never has to see their family’s belongings thrown out on the curb;
- families who lived in fear of homelessness are celebrating their independence and helping others;
- families have shifted from just surviving to flourishing.
- We are faith-based. Grounded in the biblical mandate to love your neighbor as yourself, we seek to engage congregations in God’s work for justice in our community.
- We are community-based. Drawing from the unique gifts and resources of our community, we seek to meet the needs of those in danger of becoming homeless.
- We ask for participant buy-in. Providing resources and support, we seek to encourage participants to transform their lives.
- We want to build trust. By providing a safe, nonjudgmental and confidential environment, we seek to build trust through open dialogue.
- We want to build relationships across lines that could divide us. We seek to strengthen relationships among individuals, congregations and communities.
- We hope to transform lives. Through support and mutual accountability, we seek to create lasting change in the lives of participants, volunteers and community members.
- We have a holistic view. Resisting the temptation to reduce people to an issue, crisis or statistic, we seek to recognize the dignity and wholeness of all participants.
If you are interested in getting in contact with us to partner or volunteer, please fill out the form below.